The Bible remains one of the most viable repositories of knowledge and wisdom, and we can practically find answers to whatever questions we have about how to become a better and more spiritual person.
Here are some ageless, biblical principles that can dramatically transform your life in no time if you consistently practice them:
1. Gratitude: Be grateful for whatever God has given you! Be grateful for good health, friends, relations, lifestyle, and so on. For the Bible says, "Give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus," 1Thessalonians 5:18 (NIV). In the same vein, we should show genuine appreciation to people around us who have done something good for us. Gratitude is an important key that can open more wonderful doors for us when we let those who have taken it upon them to show us kindness, even when they didn’t have to do so.
2. Be positive at all times: Make it your daily habit to see the good in everything. "But if thine eyes be evil, thy whole body shall be full of darkness." Matthew 6:23a (KJV). No one can feed his mind with junk and negative things and expect to live a positive and peaceful life. This entails that we should pay serious attention to what we read, hear, and allow to get into our ears. Just try it for some time: If you let your life to be filled with positive energy, you will become the happiest person who has ever lived on the surface of the earth.
3. Contentment: Be content with what you have. Do not be too anxious or worry about anything. Live your life as an embodiment of great contentment. "But godliness with contentment is great gain," 1 Timothy 6:6 (NIV). People who copy the others’ lifestyles might end up doing illegal things such as crime or prostitution to make extra money to live a life they couldn’t afford. As a Christian, be an example of modesty and self-contentment.
4. Do good: When you do good to others, you are sowing a seed for God to massively replenish you. "And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up," Galatians 6:9. If you see anyone in need of something that you can offer, give it to them. These could be food, money, or even your time. There are many people who do not have someone to listen to their problems and offer solutions that they seriously required. Be that listening “ear” and do whatever you can to make life easier for someone else. God will reward you bountifully for your good gestures toward others.
5. Love unconditionally: We can derive a great deal of happiness by just loving others unconditionally. The Bible says, "Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love," 1 John 4:8 (NIV). God has demonstrated His love towards us and save us through the greatest sacrifice Jesus made on the cross of Calvary. An unconditional love means that we decide to shower love and mercy on people who cannot in any way repay us. The Bible says God never separates the righteous from the unrighteous. He lets His sun to shine on all of them and pour rains from heaven to water their plants. If we are discriminating about who to love and who not to love, we are not showing that we know God. God is an epitome of love!
What are you still waiting for? Apply the above-mentioned biblical injunctions in your life every day and see your life transform in a great way!
Check This Out!